In it she mentioned these 4 advantages to outsourcing your IT Support:
- You can focus on what you do best – We agree.
- You may save money – We agree, although we’d go further and suggest that with the right provider you will save money.
- You may reduce risk – We agree.
- You get a team’s worth of experience – We agree.
Andrea also listed 4 disadvantages to outsourcing IT Support. This is where we want to spend a little more time responding.
- You may have to wait for service – True, with some of the larger service providers you may have to wait, but that doesn’t mean that you have to.
- To Solution is a Managed IT Support Milwaukee based company. We are a small business that knows what small businesses often need most – an actual person on the other end of the line. We pride ourselves on our fast response times and a relentless pursuit to be the IT provider with the best customer service. Many times because of our advanced monitoring systems we actually contact clients with solutions before they even know something is about to go wrong.
- Unexpected costs – Very True. We could tell some horror stories about this one.
- Many people run into billing problems when outsourcing their IT. The root of the problem often comes from miscommunication and complicated service contracts. There are many different type of Managed Service Models and we always recommend you do your research and discover which will best serve your needs. To Solution is a level 3 service provider, we provide a high level of service, that does come with a slightly higher cost than the do-IT-yourself Guy, but we are an “All-In” provider – with us, there is no additional billing for the equipment you have under contract.
- Loss of control – We can see how this might happen.
- Always make sure you are dealing with a reputable company. When you outsource IT halfway around the world, or even halfway across the country, you subject yourselves to the normal practices of the businesses located in those areas. The problem is, that’s usually not how you are used to doing business. That’s why we encourage using service providers that are locally owned and operated. If your business is in New Jersey, find a provider in New Jersey. If your business is in Chicago, find a provider in Chicago. And if you are searching for “IT Support Milwaukee” then give To Solution a call.
We are very transparent. It is your history. It is your network. You can see anything about it, at any time.
Co-Founder & VP of Technical Services
- Security Risks – We absolutely agree, but security risks exist everywhere today – whether you keep your IT in-house or not.
- There’s almost no-telling who the next big-name victim of cyber-crime is going to be these days. It seems like every week there is another company in the headlines because there computer network was hacked by highly intelligent, highly innovative and highly motivated criminals. So yes, if you outsource your IT you will have security risks, but you have them anyway. At least with a reliable IT support partner you’ll have access to experts in IT Security. The best Managed IT Support providers will constantly monitor your network and your data, always on the look-out for suspicious activity to avoid an intrusion. No plan is full-proof when it comes to IT Security, unless your willing to pull the plug, but wouldn’t you rather entrust your company network and sensitive data to experts who are trained to look for threats versus going it alone and hoping no one finds you?